Set up, use, and manage Yahoo Account Key to sign in without a password
Tired of remembering multiple passwords? Account Key is more secure and lets you use your mobile phone instead of a password to sign in. Once enabled, Yahoo sends a notification to the mobile device of your choice. You can approve access with a tap on your phone, so no one else can get into your account.
Sign in with Account Key
For Account Key to work, you must be signed into a Yahoo app on your mobile device.
- Go to the Yahoo Sign in page.
- Enter your Yahoo ID, then click Next.
- A notification is sent to your Account Key enabled device.
- On your device, tap the notification or open the app and tap the Account Key icon .
- Tap the Approve icon .
- You might be prompted to either enter or tap a verification code to confirm.
Disable Account Key or manage devices
You can turn off Account Key and switch back to a password, if you prefer. Or, if you're using multiple devices and Yahoo apps, you can change where the notification is sent.
Disable Account Key from a web browser
- Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
- Click Turn off Account Key.
- Click Turn off.
- Click Turn off again to confirm.
Disable Account Key from a Yahoo mobile app
- From your Account Key enabled app, tap the Menu icon . In some apps, like the Yahoo Mail app, you'll need to tap your profile icon instead.
- Tap Account Key under your email address.
- Tap Manage Account Key.
- Tap Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.
- Optionally, tap the toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off.