View permissions for Android apps
Yahoo apps use different permissions on your mobile device to deliver their service. For example, the Yahoo Weather app may access your current location to provide accurate weather data.
Here's how you can see which permissions each Yahoo app needs.
See permissions before installing an app
- Open the Google Play Store .
- Tap Apps.
- Tap the Search icon .
- In the search field, enter Yahoo.
- Tap the name of any Yahoo app.
- Tap Install.
Success! A screen appears with a list of permissions the app needs.
See permissions after installing an app
- Go to your device's "Home" screen.
- Press your device's Menu button | tap Settings.
- Tap Apps or Application Manager.
- Tap the app icon for the app you want to review.
- Go to the "Permissions" section.