Track cash or private equities in portfolio lists
Conveniently track cash or private equity holdings along with stocks, bonds and other investments by adding them to portfolio lists. Add the symbol $$CASH or use custom symbols like $$DEBT, $$EQUITY, or $$EARNINGS to fit your needs (begin with $$ followed by alphanumeric characters -- don't use special characters like @, %, &, /).
- Sign in to Yahoo Finance.
- Select the list you want to edit.
- Click My Holdings.
- Click Add Symbol.
- Enter $$CASH (or a custom symbol) in the "Find a Quote" field, and press Enter.
- The symbol is added to the list.
- Click Add lot.
- In the "Shares" field, enter the number of dollars.
- In the "Cost Basis" field, enter 1.